Saving Lives, One Paw at a Time
Meet The Cats
Meet The Dogs
Small & Furry
Small & Furry
Make a Donation
Sponsor A Pet
Donation Drop Off Sites
Small & Furry Foster
Dog Adoption Contract
Paw Crazy Rescue (the “Charity/Rescue/we/us”). An Ohio non-profit corporation, and the
undersigned (the “adopter” or “you”). In consideration of the mutual covenants in this Agreement
and other good and valuable consideration, intending to be legally bound by this Agreement,
agree to the following:
The DOG: We are placing the following described puppy/dog with you, the adopter, for the adoption
by you as a companion dog and family member:
Indicates required field
I/We, the undersigned adopting party, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions of this
contract in the acquisition of the above described (CANINE), hereinafter referred to as “dog." Please initial each box.
1. To never abandon the dog or surrender, sell, or give the dog to a shelter, pet dealer, or a laboratory. To never allow the dog to be beaten or otherwise treated cruelly. To never allow the dog to be subject of, or subjected to, any biological, chemical, psychological, or other experiment. To never give, lease, or otherwise transfer custody of this dog to any other person, or to any business or organization.
2. To never allow the dog to be left alone or unsupervised at any time with any children.
3. To notify Paw Crazy immediately if the dog is lost or stolen, advertise in major newspapers, and make all reasonable efforts to locate the dog.
4. To never allow this dog to be trained for or used for protection as an attack dog. To never allow this dog to be used in any aspect of dog/animal fighting.
5. To treat this dog as a family pet with affection and kindness, never subjecting this dog to abuse or cruelty. To consider this dog an indoor pet and keep this dog safely within the home. To never allow the dog to live its life outdoors.
6. To provide the dog with all the attention and care necessary to ensure its health and well- being; including sufficient food, water, and exercise. To provide regular veterinary care, including annual vaccinations, veterinarian approved heartworm preventative and annual heartworm testing, and periodic parasite checks. To provide prompt veterinary care in the event of illness or injury.
7. To always keep this dog within a fenced yard (not on a chain), in a kennel run (not living there permanently), on a leash, or safely within the home. To never leave the dog outside unsupervised. To never leave this dog outside for long periods of time. To never leave this dog outside when nobody is home. To never leave this dog outside overnight. To never allow the dog to be tied to a doghouse or a chain, nor left unsupervised in a yard where the dog can dig, climb out, jump over fencing, or bark endlessly.
8. To regularly check the tightness of the collar. To never use a cleat, prong, or “pinch” type collar except under the direct supervision and by the recommendation of a knowledgeable trainer and ONLY for training purposes. To affix any licenses and tags to the collar and to never leave a choke chain on the dog when unattended.
9. Do not transport this dog at any time in an open vehicle (ie. the back of a truck or in an open jeep).
10. To contact Paw Crazy, a veterinarian, or an obedience trainer when problems arise so that the problem may be eliminated or alleviated. The founders of this rescue are also the founders of a balanced training company. PLEASE REACH OUT IF A PROBLEM ARISES AND WE WILL HELP YOU.
11. I/We have been advised that this dog can sometimes dig, chew, soil, and exhibit other undesirable traits which may or may not have been witnessed while the dog was in the foster care of the foster.
12. I/We agree that I/We shall make diligent effort to correct any behavioral issues, which this dog may or may not exhibit once placed into my home. I/We also understand that by signing this contract I/We are making a commitment to care for this dog for its entire natural life. I/We have taken the necessary steps in making an informed decision as to which dog we have decided to adopt and do so of our own free will.
13. I/We agree to have this dog spayed/neutered by the age of 6 months if adopted as a pup. Failure to do so is a direct violation of this contract and is cause for the said dog to be returned to Paw Crazy. A copy of the veterinary paperwork (spay/neuter certificate) will be required as documentation and must be emailed to email@example.com as proof. Please type N/A if not applicable.
In consideration of the adoption of this dog, I/We agree to assume full responsibility for the conduct of this
dog upon the date of contract. I/We further agree to hold harmless (Paw Crazy) and any other individuals
directly or indirectly associated with the adoption of this animal, and to indemnify such organizations or
individuals from any and all damages or costs resulting from liability, known or unknown, anticipated or
unanticipated, as a result of the dog’s conduct after the date of this adoption contract. By electronically
signing below you are in agreeance with this.
Method of Payment
Are you, the owner, opting to a one week trial adoption?
All monies will be held during the one week trial adoption. If the dog is returned at the end of this adoption or at any time prior to the end of the adoption monies will be refunded. Once the trial adoption is completed monies will not refunded if the dog is returned to Paw Crazy. Initial below.
Paw Crazy Representative assisting you:
Woof! Like us on
or find us on